Biophilia is about how we as humans have an innate love and connection to other living things. It is no surprise then that spending time in natural environments such as forests, mountains and parks, is extremely beneficial to our mental and physical health. But how can we recreate our natural biophilic habitat in urban areas? Can we make cities good homes for other living things too?
- Civilised to Death, Christopher Ryan
- Darwin Comes to Town, Menno Schilthuizen
- Flourish, Michael Pawyln and Sarah Ichioka
- From What Is to What If, Rob Hopkins
- Braiding Sweetgrass, Robin Wall-Kimmerer
Green Urbanist website: https://greenurbanistpod.com/
Follow the Green Urbanist: